Before that I worked as a technical consultant in the AI team of Fujitsu's Digital Incubation unit, designing, implementing and deploying tailored AI algorithms for various customers.
I hold a master's degree in mathematics from the University of Regensburg. I wrote my master's thesis in arithmetic geometry about Tropical Cycle Classes for the Berkovich Analytification of Algebraic Varieties and my bachelor's thesis about Tropical Hypersurfaces of Laurent Polynomials, both studying the combinatorial shadow of algebraic varieties, the central object of study in algebraic geometry.
Before mathematics I studied Visual Communications at the University of Kassel where I did my master thesis together with Jörn Röder about the protocol and implementation of an anonymous decentralized filesharing network. Find the concept of the network here, the protocol here and the proof of concept here.
You can find my old website with projects I did in Kassel here.
- Florian Haselbeck, Maura John, Yuqi Zhang, Jonathan Pirnay, Juan Pablo Fuenzalida-Werner, Rubén D Costa, Dominik G Grimm: Superior protein thermophilicity prediction with protein language model embeddings. NAR Genomics and Bioinformatics Open Access.
- Q. Göttl*, J. Pirnay* (joint first author), J. Burger, D.G. Grimm: Deep reinforcement learning uncovers processes for separating azeotropic mixtures without prior knowledge. Preprint arxiv.
- Q. Göttl, J. Pirnay, D.G. Grimm, J. Burger: Convex Envelope Method for determining liquid multi-phase equilibria in systems with arbitrary number of components. Computers & Chemical Engineering Open Access.
- J. Pirnay, Q. Göttl, J. Burger, D.G. Grimm: Policy-Based Self-Competition for Planning Problems. International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR) 2023. OpenReview.
- J. Pirnay, K. Chai: Inpainting Transformer for Anomaly Detection (2021). In: ICIAP 2022, preprint on arXiv. Published version on SpringerLink.
- B. Denkena, F. Schinkel, J. Pirnay, S. Wilmsmeier (2021): Quantum Algorithms for process parallel flexible job shop scheduling. In: CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology. Open Access.
- J. Pirnay: Tropical Cycle Classes for the Berkovich Analytification of Algebraic Varieties (2019). Thesis, University of Regensburg. Google books
Other stuff I wrote:
- Forms on the Analytification of Algebraic Varieties
- Laplacian on metrized graphs (Potential theory on the Berkovich projective line)
- Group orders of elliptic curves over finite fields, including a sweet proof of quadratic reciprocity (in German)
- Algebraic differential equations (in German)
Contact me via mail. My address is "mail" then "at" then "johnnycrab.com"